I WANT TO USE CONCRETE LINTELS - IS THAT OK?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can you help - I am making an opening in the gable end of the 2 storey house to go into a conservatory - it is a cavity wall (100mm cavity) - the opening is 1280mm wide - I intend to use 2 p/s concrete lintels - 1650mm x 65 x 100 - one on the blockwork and one on the brickwork - can I check these will be easily up to the job?
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
It all depends on the loads going onto the lintels (block + floor? + roof?) and the type of lintels.

a few q's

Do you already have an opening/doorway into the coservatory?

Is the conservatory new?

You need building regs for this structural opening- is the conservatory subject to building control? (If its not then concrete lintels wont be suitable due to heat loss and a suitable insulated lintel would be the way to go).

Think about putting in a proper cavity tray as well :idea: Loadsa conservatories are missing them :rolleyes: they just get lucky because the wall`s not subject to heavy rain :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back