Servis 1000A will not start programme

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Servis 1000A and it will not start. I plugged it in a while ago and the fuse went so I replaced this with a comparable fuse. Two washes later the door stuck, but eventually released. I have done another wash successfully. Since this time I tried another wash and this is what happens:

I shut the door and turn for the programme and there is a click and then nothing happens. The LED is on and the door is locked but there is no response from the machine. Moving the cycle on to spin results in another click but no response. Moving the cycle on to the end results in the door catch being released as normal, a couple of minutes after the end.

Hope that's enough info? Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
You need to find out why the machine blew a fuse. Something within the machine overloaded the circuit and the protection came in. You replaced the fuse without finding the cause so may have done other damage within.
There are so many parts that could be causing this that it would be pure guesswork.
You will need a good multimeter and a megger to trace the original fault and then you'll need to trace the secondary fault. Secondary fault could be a blown module (faulty motor blew the fuse? and then blew the module when the fuse had been replaced and the machine used with the fault still present?)
I'd really have to advise on an engineer to diagnose the fault.
Sorry, not much help really

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back