Hotpoint WD61

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I\\\'ve just been given this WD61 washer drier. Apart from the fan motor being burned out and needing to be replaced, the soap drawer leaks for some reason. The water seems to fill for a few seconds, then runs out the drawer bottom. I\\\'ve had the soap drawer out, examined the hose from the compartment to the drum, apart from being of an unusual design, it looks ok and free from obstructions, I\\\'ve also adjusted the feet on the front of the machine, but still it washes my kitchen floor as well as the clothes !!! Any ideas would be more than welcome :D

Sponsored Links
its a "design feature" you need a kit fitted by a hp engineer to remove this feature.

now you know why you were given it

i really do suggest you take the pump off and skip the rest (pump is the only bit worth keeping)

by design a wd is a pain, in that it can only dry half that it washed, it dries via a differnt process and cant wash and dry at the same time, two separates can, and as its got more "stuff" in it there is more to go wrong

Ok thanks for that. maybe I should have hung on to my old one - at least it worked :LOL:

I'm not bothered about the drier, I have a new Zanussi separate, just this machine was running so much quieter and smoother than my old Creda ..

Do you have any idea of what this hp kit comprises of ?

guess who make creda :LOL:

yes, its hotpoint

as for the kit yes i do, i have fitted a few in my time

its a couple of specialy produced things and a pipe.

sorry i cant think of the right word for things

they were sort of T shape with a hole in the centre, and woe betide any one who fitted them the wrong way round

Sponsored Links
dont get rid of your machine! i had the same problem with mine and it was simply that the water pressure was too high where it was connected to the pipes, once i had turned them down a little it stopped leaking.

blakekaren said:
dont get rid of your machine! i had the same problem with mine and it was simply that the water pressure was too high where it was connected to the pipes, once i had turned them down a little it stopped leaking.

Thanks for the info. I find if I tip the powder directly into the drum it also works ok - even with higher water pressure. - Seems that the powder must clog up the works somehow - weird!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back