apollo boilers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello to you all
can anyone help me with a problem on the boiler,
It stays alight on the pilot no problem,but when the heating comes on it goes to full flame for 10-15 seconds then goes back to the pilot,then after 20-30 seconds it does it again,and will keep doing it until it is switched off.
any ideas or solutions
thank you
broon

Sponsored Links
Possibly

flame lift
over heat stat
blocked heat exchanger

nowt that could be described as a DIY job Sorry m8

As Corgi said but one simple test you can do is check from the outside that your flue is not blocked or restricted, leaves even cob webs. i found a squirrel dead ,with its foot trapped in the guard once .

Sponsored Links
COG said:
As Corgi said but one simple test you can do is check from the outside that your flue is not blocked or restricted, leaves even cob webs. i found a squirrel dead ,with its foot trapped in the guard once .

poor thing COG

bet that made you jump :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Hi Broon,

I've got the same problem as you had before. I was wondering if you could let me know what exactly did you do to get that sorted.

Cheers

Jem

jemis i suggest you post again, starting a new topic, stating your problem in full, broon doesn't post that often last post by broon was in march

Thanks for your reply Breezer,

The problem is that the boiler's fan starts working every 1.5 to 2 min. for 15 to 20 sec. even if the thermostate and the controller are switched off.
It seems that the only way of stop it is switch off the main.

Regards

Jem

broon said:
Hello to you all
can anyone help me with a problem on the boiler,
It stays alight on the pilot no problem,but when the heating comes on it goes to full flame for 10-15 seconds then goes back to the pilot,then after 20-30 seconds it does it again,and will keep doing it until it is switched off.
any ideas or solutions
thank you
broon
Have you sorted the problem yet?

I think that's a faulty pump overrun thermostat. Try a Search.

sorted the problem,ripped out the boiler and replaced it with a combi

sorry for not answering your message,i've been busy building an extension,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back