Vaillant ECOmax 286E condensing combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler above was installed in 1997 and has worked perfectly without any repairs since day 1. It has developed a howling sound both on the heating up and cooling down cycles. This does not have any detrimental effect on it's performance but I am wondering what it might be and whether it is a sign of an impending disaster.

Sponsored Links
You need a proper boiler engineer (who understands Ecomaxes) to look at it. I think there might be an old thread about a similar problem on the Ecomax, so worth doing a search.

Some Vaillant premix burners have suffered from a resonance in the inlet tube which was cured by drilling a 10 mm diameter hole to lower the "Q" .

That noise can also be caused by a too weak mixture so it needs a CORGI engineer with the equipment to set them up properly, its probably only about one in ten who would be able to do that.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back