Practical demo of fully coiled extension lead

Sponsored Links
nasty but doesn't hugely surprise me he did have a big load on there.

i'm going to post a response over there when i get the registration e-mail over

I was going to do that, but then I thought

a) I can't be asked

b) If I did, I'd probably end up posting something like this:

Norbert666 said:
To be fair, it does say on the reel to unravel completely before use. But I bet no one ever does.
. . . . . Everybody who's not a complete imbecile does.

Which (even though I'm probably more right than wrong) would make me a newbie who'd registered just to slag off a regular.... :confused:

I think what tipped the balane for me was reading on and finding the post from the guy who's got a plug that gets very hot and doesn't seem to think he should do anything about it, and I thought "If I register here I'm going to come in like Ghengis Khan on a bad day....".

Yeah, not the biggest sparks (pun intended) when it comes to electrics, you should see some of the stuff they come out re: part p when that comes up, and another guy tried arguing with me, telling me that because 2.5mm² is rated at 27A* that ring mains are fused with 25A breakers, one guy told another that running a submain to a shed is easy but he should make sure he uses an RCB (so either means an RCD, MCB or RCBO, narrows it down a bit...)

One guy added those cold cathode computer lights to the footwells in a mates car by taking an unfused feed from the battery, when they got broken, he took them out and taped over the ends... few months later there was a small fire in the car...

Oh, and to 'protect' youself when working on your car wiring, you should connect youself to the house earth, apparently.

though there are a few people on there who do know what they are talking about, I like to consider myself as one of them, though I did rub up another 'knowledgeable guy' the wong way once for suggesting that RCD's nuisense trip, and if its once, just reset the bugger, I wouldn't like to have to have everything PIRed everytime the RCD tripped...

*in free air to any newbies reading this

Sponsored Links
For what it's worth, I know OcUK very well, was a member there for man many years after Mark first founded Overclockers and I would urge a word of warning before getting into arguments over there..

Getting banned is very easy on OcUK..there are many on that site with a lot of clout with Mark and some of the Mods..all f whom are employed by Mark or closely connected...they can be a fickle bunch on occasion and I have seen Newbies banned for argueing with a Mod...in fact I have seen members of years standing banned for daring to square up to a Mod.

With the exception of the Electrics lot..generally OcUK is a great forum and if you have PC woes, then you will be hard pressed to find better advice on the net..certainly UK based anyway...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back