Extractor fan witing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just bought a new extractor fan and I am having difficulty wiring it correctly. I have 4 terminals marked L,N, Ls and Earth. How do the mains/switch wiring feed these terminals (in particular how do I wire the Ls terminal)

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Mainly non English with a diagram that shows the wiring going into the fan but not showing where all the wires originate from. It shows 4 wires going into L,N,LS and Earth, The L,N come from from the main, LS comes from nowhere (apparantly).

L=Live
N=Neutral
Ls= Switch Live
Earth= Earth

Depnds on how you want to wire the fan......On/Off with the light......Or a seperate switch....I'm taking the fan is timed due to the switch live terminal.

1)Permanent live / Neutral feed & switch feed from light fitting (3core cable) to eatractor fan.

2)Live / Neutral feed from light fitting to fan (2core) and then you may have loop a piece of cable from L to Ls at the extractor fan.

The above depends on how your light fitting is wired aswell (ie, JB method or loop in)

Just add another post when / if you know.....(count the cables at the fitting)

Regards,

Ian

Sponsored Links
I would highly recommend wiring the fan via a fan isolator mounted outside the bathroom (ideal above the bathroom door). Light to Isolator to Fan.

Thanks, it now works!!

post locked to prevent hi jacking (again)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back