Zanussi FJ1093 keeps draining and won't start cycles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've read through the forum and can't find comparable symptoms to these:
This machine won't begin any cycles as the pump just keeps turning over although there is nothing to in it to drain. it is not syphoning, as it's waste pipe is appropriately arranged to avoid this and it has been running happily up 'til now.
I suspect that something is stopping it from recognizing that it is drained and ready to begin the cycle; the filter was quite filthy but that has been cleaned out now but the problem persists.
Can anybody help out identifying what this points to? I'm tempted to check the pump out properly, but hoped to get some advice first... thankyou in advance. :)

Sponsored Links
Hi

Not sure how this particular model works but many machines have a 'rat's tail' basically a hose that is connected to a level switch and it's this that detects if the machine is empty or full.

Over time these rat's tails can get blocked with undissolved washing powder and if the machine was full when finally the hose blocked then regardless that it's actually drained it will think it's full.

The other way round and the machine overfills as the blocked rat's tail prevents the air compressing up the tube to activate the level switch. Then you have a flood.

Mind you it could be something else, but worth checking as a starter.

Good luck

Happy New Year!

Back to the machine in question after a day of rest. Thankyou for your response, I've just finished checking all the little tubes associated with the water system and have found that none are blocked. I've tried the machine again since sluicing out these pipes and it still won't stop trying to drain. could this problem be related to something electrical? I'm not the owner of the machine as I'm just helping a friend, but I believe that the machine may have blown the fuse in it's dedicated socket before this problem arose. I'm drawing a blank on this one, I don't suppose it's worth checking out the pump motor for blockages or anything?

Sponsored Links
It sounds very much like an electrical fault - fuses usually blow for a reason.

Could be a short somewhere in the wire looms or within the programmer, hard to tell without checking with a meter.

Probably good to have someone give advice who really knows this model,
maybe it's a fault that crops up now and then?

Wish you luck with it.

post locked to prevent hi jacking

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back