Double Oven and Gas Hob Installatio

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am looking to install a new Electrolux double oven (5.4kW) and a separate Eletrolux gas hob (3A fuse fitted, specifies 0.75mm min cable size). At present I have a cooker control unit with 6mm2 cable an a 32A mcb on it\\\'s own circuit from the consumer unit. As I am not sure that I can run both off one control unit within 2m of each appliance, can I have two control units on the same radial circuit (using 6mm2 cable again) - i.e. one to run the double oven and one for the hob? At present both our existing single oven and gas hob run off the same control unit as they are located together.

If I run a flex outlet from each control unit, presumably this should also be in 6mm2 cable?

Any help gratefully received. :D

Sponsored Links
The hob can go on a 13A FCU on the ring main (fitted with a 3A fuse), though the FCU could just as easily be wired on the 32A radial, but 6mm² cores are harder to get into an FCU. Wire to double oven on the radial. Only need one CCU.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back