No Hot water - Bosch Dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Recently our dishwasher stopped washing butter etc from knives and falks and we realised that the wash cycle was stone cold as the butter did not melt and turned white.

As the dishwasher is built in is there any easy way to check the hot water pipe or are there any reasons why this has happened?

All help greatly received.

Cheers,

Ian

Sponsored Links
The dishwasher does not depend on incoming hot water as it has its own heating element*. So rather than a plumbing problem you have an appliance fault, may well be the thermostat or the heating element.

I think you probably need a Bosch repairman.

*A few dishwashers connect to both the hot and cold pipes, most don't, and those that do still use the heating element to bring the water up to required temp.

Oh I see.

Thanks for that as it makes sense.

So it has nothing to do with water pressure as some one suggested a while back!?

Ian

Before my final decision i just checked it again right at the beginning of the cycle and the water is semi-warm.

So this gives me a little more hope, if i pull out the dishwasher id there anything i can check or adjust?

Thanks,

Ian

Sponsored Links
You can have a look at the back, if it has both a hot water inlet and a cold water inlet (the hot one ought to be red and the cold one blue) then there is a chance that the initial heat may come from your domestic hot water. If not, then it may be the automatic thermsotat is cutting out too soon. But if the heater was working properly, it wouldn't matter what temperature water was going in, as the machine would heat it.

Is the inside of the cabinet hot after the drying cycle?

No.

There is no heat to be found, other dishwashers used as we all know can be extremely hot after they have finished but not ours!

Just opened it up again and the water is stone cold, oh and another thing is that one washing cycle takes about 2 hours if not longer!

Ian

OK

Thanks for the help though.

£60 call out + parts then £6 every additional 4 min over half an hour according to Bosch.

Hmmm seems expensive, might as well go back to washing up!

Local Independant repairer should be cheaper and quite capable of repairing.

Unplug your appliance before working on it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back