Baxi loosing pressure and leak under boiler ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Happy New Year guys.

I have a Baxi combi boiler and it has been loosing pressure quite frequently. i.e. i topped it up to 2 bar 3 days ago and now its at just above 1.

I left a kitchen towel under the boiler overnight and it is wet in the morning, cant visually see any leaks under it though, maybe its from a cold pipe, codensation ??

Could this relate to lack of hot water upstairs in the shower?

Called out a plumber 2 weeks ago, he said i had loads of air in the boiler so he relaesed it and then used what appeared to be a car foot pump to top the air up again. He topped the water up to 1 bar. the next day it was almost at 0. He said something about the disc inside the vessel been fine.

Can anyone advise?

Sorry for the long post.

Sponsored Links
My advice is that your plumber hasn't done a complete job - he may well have eliminated the PV as the cause of pressure loss, but he hasn't diagnosed the fault yet. Is there any particular reason you haven't called him back?

In the meantime, if water is dripping off the boiler, somewhere, then you might have a leaking AAV. Or a damaged heat exchanger. Or a leaking coupling. Or pipe corrosion. Or a leaking valve gland.

Sorry for the long post.
That ain't a long post!

When your boiler is in operation does the pressure go up to 3?
I suspect that the PV still has a problem and the leak is from a badly connected pressure relief pipe

Sponsored Links
Hi thanks for your reply, when i ment plumber the actual company was called combifix. so i geuss there engineers.

The pressure doesnt increase when the heat is on.

Will loosing pressure have an effect on the temp of water.

Thanks

hemclio said:
Will loosing pressure have an effect on the temp of water.

No, though it means you introduce more fresh water =>scale eventually.

Which baxi?

Tie little bits of loo paper round suspect joints/devices. That 70's purple stuff is best!
Have you checked the Auto Air Vent?
Ditto pressure relief pipe outside?
See ref section

Thanks

Ill give it ago tonight mate. thanks.

Im now pretty sure that it could be the PRV. the leak under my boiler is on the left hand side when facing it, i.e. the side the PRV is on.

If so are these easy to change yourself.

Where can you get them from

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back