biasi pava boiler

Sponsored Links
biasi pava?? sounds like a dessert from marks and spencers.

and err no.

I think he means a "Parva" rather than a "Pavlova".

If he could explain what he means by "cutting out" then I could tell him whats likely to be wrong!

I use scissors for cutting but have never seen any inside a boiler! ( I once found a bag of hash though! )

Tony Glazier

I have just bought a flat which has a Biasi Parva boiler manufacturered Sep 2001. We are doing some plumbing works and are thinking whether we should replace the boiler? Are they reliable? What is the expected life of these boilers?

Sponsored Links
Like most boilers they are very reliable if the system water is clean!

Expected life is about 10-14 years.

Tony

Sorry, My Corgi just said dont suck on it,
just blow on the flange............ :D :cool: :D

The system should be power flushed or adequately chemically cleaned when the boiler is installed and Inhibitor added and topped up each year.

Fitting a magnetic filter on the return ( e.g. a Magnaclean ) is often done as a way to reduce the problems when a system has not been properly treated at the outset.

Tony

If the current system pipework is over 10 years old, powerflushing may find all the weak spots in the system and you may well end up with a flat that looks like a giant sprinkler.

In these instances it is far wiser to chemically clean using the old boiler, simply add Sentinel X400 to the current c/h system and run the system full on for as long as possible for up to 2 weeks.

Then set about flushing each radiator and all the pipework, until the water running throughout runs clean. There are varying methods for doing this.

Finally after installing your new condensing combi DO NOT forget to add inhibitor, Sentinel X100, which is available in cartridge form to inject directly into any radiator on sealed systems.

Job Done

and then dont forget that if you ever drain the system for any reason, go and buy another cartridge of X100 insert into system and refill.

:D :cool: :D :cool: :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back