kitchen taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi just brought mono block taps from ebay not sure about fittings that came with them. the horseshoe shape clip that goes underneath as a hole in it with no thread so is it a self cutting thread i have to make with the threaded bolt thanks

Sponsored Links
losbdog said:
the horseshoe shape clip

That should be your base plate under the worktop to tighten up to the tap with the treaded stud bolt + nut,so the flexible mesh pipe can enter to the water inlet hole inside the horseshoe plate.

breezer said:
masona are you saying he is a bit missing?

Not sure,the way I'm reading the question is,that the horseshoe plate have no thread in it which is correct and should only have thread in the tap body instead which tighten the plate > worktop > tap.

Sponsored Links
thanks to all, the horseshoe clip does not go over the thread. its a bit tight
but i think it will cut a thread into it. if not shall i drill it out a bit so it dose and then put a nut on it thanks

That's correct,probably why it ended up for sale on ebay :LOL:

I WILL TRY THAT THANKS FOR HELP. THEY WAS £64 CHEAPER ON ebay THEN homebase.SO WILL BE WORTH THE EFFORT. ONCE AGAIN THANKS

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back