ink stain on polyurethane jacket

Sponsored Links
Kathy,

I don't know if this will work or not. But one of my sons left a ballpoint pen in his pocket, when though the wash and stained all of his school uniform pants. There was no way we would afford new pant for the kid at $35.00 a pair. :eek: So, I went to Wal-Mart and pruchased all the rubbing alhocal I could find - probably close to 5 gallons. Poured it into a rubber tub and let all the pants soak for 48 hours. I would 'stir' them up everyone time I was in the laundry room.

ANyhow, they come out as good as new. Hope it helps

Sponsored Links
CattyPatty said:
One of my sons left a ballpoint pen in his pocket, when though the wash and stained all of his school uniform pants. There was no way we would afford new pant for the kid at $35.00 a pair. :eek: So, I went to Wal-Mart and purchased all the rubbing alcohal I could find - probably close to 5 gallons. Poured it into a rubber tub and let all the pants soak for 48 hours. I would 'stir' them up everyone time I was in the laundry room.

Anyhow, they come out as good as new. Hope it helps
Er, wouldn't it have been cheaper to have the pants dry cleaned? My local dry cleaner will generally remove ink stains so long as you point them out, first. BTW dry cleaning was originally done using white spirits before the invention of Arklone and Perklone. Maybe there's the clue.

Scrit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back