Low Water Pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm having some problems with the showers in both bathrooms at my parents home.

The house is only 5 years old and when we moved the pressure of water coming from both showers was really high, now its just borderline medium and barely reaches your body.

There is no obvious signs of leakage although something underneath the house could have cracked but apart from getting a plumber round and costing a bomb is there anything simple i could try. Water pressure at the kitchen tap is still as powerful as ever - thats all the info i can give. One shower is a Mira Sport and the other is some unknown with 6 jets.

Please help

Thanks

Kev

Sponsored Links
do you live in a hard water area? this could be your prob. has it sudenly gone like it or lost flow over time? it could be as simple as just your shower head jets getting blocked what is the kw of the showers should be between 7.5-10.8 if its a low kw and you have been showering with higher temp setting cos of cold weather then water needs more time to heat so you will have less flow try turning round to cold and see what diferance this makes. let us know.....

No, its a soft water area. Its been a gradual thing over time but only noticeably over the past year or so.

I looked on the Mira shower and its a 9kW unit. Heads have been cleaned and i've looked down the pipe which connects the shower head to the wall unit and there's no sign of any blockage anywhere...

When the shower (the Mira one, haven't tried the other) is set to the coldest setting, the pressure is similar to what it used to be but as soon as it moves just past that setting, pressure disappears instantly...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back