Should I sign up for British Gas Cover????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

After my boiler problems in the thread "Sime Format 80C Boiler - ARGH!"

After the problems I have had I am almost convinced that I should pay £16 a month for British Gas cover as before I wasn't to sure as i thought it was just another corporate scam.

But now me and my wife are almost on the dotted line. I am almost 29yr and this is the first combi-boiler I have had to live with and believe these problems are going to consistantly appear.

Should I do it?

Sponsored Links
Swings and roundabouts, it's an impossible question but if you want a bit of piece of mind then why not give it a go?

Thank you for your reply.....I do want piece of mind.

I just wondered if anyone else was using them already and could give me an insight. As ever I would probably be contracted for a 12 month period.

Then again if they do what they say on the tin then why would their customers be here to answer.

Hi

After numerous faults with my central heating I have contacted British Gas to get their cover on the advice of the guy I work with. He has had cover for years and every time he has had a problem they have been out within a couple of hours and fixed it either there and then or the next day. so I'd say give it a go, I'm going to it's peice of mind after all.
:LOL:
Helen

Sponsored Links
And at least you will end up buying a new boiler off them after a short time after they tell you your thermocoupler has gone wrong and you can't get the spares anymore :) :)

took out cover 2 months ago then the pump went. Rang them tuesday night and they came round Thursday to fix it. No drama - paid for itself for the next year. Rather pay up front than write out a blank cheque for whoever you manage to get out in an emergency. Sign!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back