combi boiler problem: no CH but with HW

xu

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,

Nice to find this interesting forum.

I have a 15-year old dutch FASTO boiler. It stopped to heat the rad (even the close one)last week after we heard some banging noise from loft. But hot water is still ok.

After some explorations, we found the following strange phenomenon:

When Honeywell chronothemer III requests CH, I reset the boiler. There is some HW going into heating pipe. A few seconds later, the boiler starts to burn. After several resets, HW can reach the first rad (three meters from the boiler).

When Honeywell chronothemer III does not request CH, then there is no HW going to heating pipe even with reset.

In addition, we also found the pump is as hot as the hot water pipe after the boiler is powered on. But the heating system pipe connected to it (0.1 meter away) is cold.

I wonder if this is pump problem or not. How can I recognize if the pump is working?

I opened the big screw in the centre of pump and water continuously bleeding. I tried to manually turn the impellers (I cannot really see them because the screw hole is not big) using a small screw driver. But the problem is still there.

Any help is welcome.

Sponsored Links
I think you may be better off asking a Dutchman!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back