Maximum Heat Delivery via 22mm Backbone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Can someone educate me about the following:-

(1) What is the maximum heat that can be delivered via 22mm copper, or 22mm anything

(2) At what point would one chose to go from 22mm to 28mm for a very large property?

(3) At what point would you consider installing a second pump?

I suppose these are questions for installers used to large properties with say 20+ rads and a heat loss of approximately 45kW - yes really!

TIA

Sponsored Links
this may help.

i assume it has a roof?

:p

no seriously i aint got a clue, there are calculators ...is that heatloss .zip one?

downloaded it, never bothered to open it. :cry: :LOL:

wilhelm said:
i assume it has a roof? :p

The property is massive, about 16M*20M detached, metal single glazed windows, <50mm roof insulation, solid walls, two stories - have a go at working it out :)

The last person who lived there died quite some time ago - from the cold I would imagine!

Sponsored Links
22mm pipe will carry 60,000 btu's 15 mm pipe will carry 15,000 btu's don't even consider using 2 pumps as they will cause problems if necessary use a more powerful pump

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back