Feedback Problem??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just had BT fibre op internet fitted and my phones now are making a hum with voices fading on them or echoing. The input point to plug in the phone and internet are close together.

Sponsored Links
you said feedback in your title but what you describe in the post isn't, can you clarify (feedback is where noise from the mic gets fed through the speaker and amplified, this is almost always the phone handset, usually cheap sect phones)

a hum or generally bad voice quality can be caused outside or by the handset itself, so I would try disconnecting the modem and faceplate and check the phone in the test socket. if it persists, try another known working phone.

there is a mistake that the fibre boys can make that will cause a hum on the line but u need to check that first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back