Mira 88 Shower Valve Leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to fix the leak with a service pack but am stuck because I can't see how to remove the big white plastic dial that normally turns the shower on and off. I'm sure it's simple but I just can't see how it should come off!
Can someone put me out of my misery?

Sponsored Links
There are 2 88's same valve different cosmetics. !st u gota prise off the centre knob F,in tight. Then the on /off control should be held with a circlip. remove that & then prise that off, There is an exploded diagram in the service kit, The hardest job is undoing the brass front housing, very large spanner required.

bab said:
There are 2 88's same valve different cosmetics. !st u gota prise off the centre knob F,in tight. Then the on /off control should be held with a circlip. remove that & then prise that off, There is an exploded diagram in the service kit, The hardest job is undoing the brass front housing, very large spanner required.

Thank you. I'd managed to get the centre knob off, no problem but couldn't shift the on/off control and thought I must be missing something. Maybe it's the years of hard water that's made it so hard to shift.
Thanks for your help. I'll just go and build my muscles up!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back