how to change a junior hacksaw blade

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Kinda a stupid question I know but I have a really cheap junior hacksaw, the kind that is just a metal frame, like this: http://www.foxdiy.co.uk/view_product.php?product=TL326 but can't for the life of me get the new blade to go in. I have tried squeezing the handle together with a pair of pliers but that still didn't bring the two ends close enough together to be able to fit the blade. Any help appreciated!

Sponsored Links
handle has nothing to do with it.

you push the opposite end in from the handle.
holing the handle push against something solid (wall?)

BUT, be carful as it may slip

just to add to breezers comments

you want to position the frame opposite the handle with the blade in against somthing solid with the frame supported just below the blade grab the handle and lean on it as said abouve carefully cos it will slip easily

Thanks guys. Was a struggle but I got there in the end! Think I'll buy an easy-blade-change model next time the blade needs changing!

Sponsored Links
Thought I would just add - remember that a hacksaw blade should have the teeth facing forwards :)

at risk of starting a a massive debate on this. err i put senior blades firing forward. and junior firing backwards.

:p

wilhelm said:
at risk of starting a a massive debate on this. err i put senior blades firing forward. and junior firing backwards.

:p

Ditto :)

Salem

part off the problem with junior hacksaws is the lack off strength off the frame so if you have the teeth forward pointing it pulls against front off the frame and can case the frame to close up and loosen on the blade which can take the tension off the the blade and cause it to cut off line kink the blade or even make it fall out

allways put my blades in with teeth pointing forward

now I know why all my blades go kinky

thanks for that tip

duel.gif

smoke_1.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back