Bathroom Light problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am replacing a single light from a ceiling rose, to 3 individual downlihghters (no transformer). I have taken the power supply that was there into a junction box & have wired the 3 downlighters in a row - finishing at the end light. I have wired the swith (pull cord) as detailed; the netural wire from the swith is connected to the live of the lighting loop, however the lights will not come on! Can anybody please help?
Even when I disconnect the pull switch power, I still do get any lights on? :?:

Sponsored Links
the switched live from the switch should be connected to live of the light chain. I presume you have all the other lives connected together, and all the neutrals connected together?

Did you replace the switch also? what wires were at the switch?

I replaced the old pendant light fitting completey, which had 2 neutral wires connected to the light holder & all the live wires connected via a terminal block (the earth wires were all just twisted together). From this old light pendant came the cable that fed the lights in the bedroom; I have taken the live cable (from the lighting circuit) into a new junction box, & connected a new link to the old circuit (which goes to the bedroom light) & a new cable goes to a junction box, which feeds the new lighting circuit (3 seperate downlighters) & I have a cable coming in from the pull switch. The pull switch neutral wire is connected to the live wire (red) going to the lights. This is what I found in a handyman book! The cable for the pull switch, comes from the junction box into a coonector A1 & A2, 1 red wire & 1 black wire.

Sponsored Links
your description is as clear as mud (no offence) could you draw a diagram in paint and host it online? or ask a mod to host it on here.

admin host pictures, quicker to see "forum information"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back