Rubber membrane on shed roof - roofers?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My mothers had her shed roof replaced with a rubber membrane.
She asked me to take a look.

The roofers have overlapped the gutter. When my ma questioned them they said this was the only way to do it so that rain water drains into gutter.

Before I call them for a chat, curious to know what forum roofing experts think of this workmanship...!

Thanks
DM

Sponsored Links
I am no roofer but looks a total bodge to me.

Sure the experts will give you a definitive opinion though.

B

There isn't really an appropriate finishing trim for something like that so even though it's a bit Heath Robinson I can see what they've done provided they've glued the lap down into the base of the gutter with bonding glue and it's not just lapped in there without glue as it will blow up in a gust.
You'll never be able to change the gutter if it's glued in but better that than if the wind blows it up which it will do if not glued into the gutter.

If we had done it we would have removed the gutter and installed some timber to the edge to give us a firm base to install a 2 part click gutter edging trim but that takes time and we would have charged you a fortune.

There isn't really an appropriate finishing trim for something like that so even though it's a bit Heath Robinson I can see what they've done provided they've glued the lap down into the base of the gutter with bonding glue and it's not just lapped in there without glue as it will blow up in a gust.
You'll never be able to change the gutter if it's glued in but better that than if the wind blows it up which it will do if not glued into the gutter.

What do you make of the edge seeming to raise as it reaches the end of the guttering. From the pic it appears the whole edge isn't even straight??

Just wondering.

Thanks.

B

Sponsored Links
If we had done it we would have removed the gutter and installed some timber to the edge to give us a firm base to install a 2 part click gutter edging trim but that takes time and we would have charged you a fortune.

That's how I would have expected it. Describe "fortune". This wasnt a cheap as in cost, job.

What do you make of the edge seeming to raise as it reaches the end of the guttering. From the pic it appears the whole edge isn't even straight??

Just wondering.

Thanks.

B

Yes it looks cack. I was using my phone earlier so couldn't really see it properly.

Going to get him and his sidekick back to explain themselves with a view to putting it all right.

Guttering isn't even on straight.

Whole fascia and gutter wants pulling off and doing properly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back