Hotpoint WMT03 - GUSHING SOAPDRAWER!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Have got a Hotpoint WMT03 1400 spin (about 2-3 yrs old). Working really well until number 2 son put in a pair of extremely muddy footie boots, accompanied by half a forest of leaves & debris! Since then, the machine has been washing ok, but on either the fast or slow spin cycle the water gushes up and out of the soap drawer area. Have checked the waste pipe and water still comes out of there. Could there be a blockage somewhere and that\\\'s forcing the water up through the top? Any advice gratefully received! :confused:

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that. Is checking the filter a job I could tackle myself? Am pretty handy at DIY etc (don't be fooled by my user name!) :LOL:

yes, but its best done with 2 people, turn off water supply remove fill hoses, un plug m/c and with 2 of you lay it on its back, you can then see filter (connected to grey outlet hose

as an ex hp engineer its not how i would do it, but it sure is the safest

Sponsored Links
Hi - thank you for that. We have had a look but a bit worried about taking off / out the wrong bits. May have to resort to calling in an expert.
:(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back