Servis M3022CW tripping electric

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This fault didnt start as this. Started as the washer would over fill to the point of over flowing (tried a few times kept doing it) so i checked the presure switch etc and all looked ok, so i tried it again and it was working ok, great its fixed i thought.

We left it a few hours then put a load of washing in as soon as we switched it on tripped the electric to our house, i checked the washer could not see any obvious reason why, all looked dry and no bad connections etc. So tried again same thing as soon as you pull the dial out after selecting your wash it trips the electric.

Any ideas as to why ? I not a washer enginner, but do work in electronics.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Check the heater. Most likely suspect.

Unplug your appliance before working on it.

Thanks, where abouts will it be ? just tried to google an image to see what im looking for but no luck...

Sponsored Links
Afraid you'll have to take the back off and have a hunt for it. Somewhere near the bottom of the rear is the best hint I can give you. :LOL:
You'll need to meter it for continuity as well as short to earth. Or, disconnet the heater wires, tape them up and try switching on.
Best bet is to use a megger and test for insulation, disconnect heater, test again. If readings are correct after disconnection then the heater is the problem.

Unplug your appliance before working on it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back