Bosch WFF2000 - Aborting Programmes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Bosch WFF 2000 which served us very well for 9½ years, but recently started playing up following a house move. (Move conducted according to manufacturers instructions.)

Basically, no matter what programme you select, after the main wash has commenced, the programme aborts. The programme selector clicks round rapidly to the programme end, stopping briefly to drain what water has entered. The Pre-Wash light flashes (indicative of a fault).

Usually the abort happens after initial water inflow, and within a minute or two (sometimes longer - 5 min) of agitation. If you select pre-wash, the whole pre-wash cycle completes, and then aborts on main wash.

All the checks recommended when indicator lamp flashes (tap/water supply, door, discharge hose/pipe, cleaning pump etc) have been conducted numerous times. We have also had an engineer come round who took the whole machine apart but could not find anything wrong (he was a bit perplexed).

Thought I might try this forum, before biting the bullet...

Sponsored Links
Not sure about this one so having a stab in the dark.
As it completes the prewash I suspect it will also complete a rinse and spin.
This would indicate a problem with heating. Check the element and the thermostats/thermistor. Sounds very much like it's aborting due to required temperature not being achieved in a set time.

Unplug your appliance before working on it.

Hi - i've just had the exact same problem - the programme starts, take on water and then suddenly it seems as if the machine thinks the main wash has finished - it then skips through the rest of the programmes apart from taking the water out!!!!! - Like you i clean all the pipes etc nothing - tried shutting off the HOT water pipe and allowed cold water into the machine - did not heat the water up as after a couple of mins the programme thought it had finished the main wash!!

I think the problem must lie in the programme selector, i'm not sure as i'm not a qualified engineer, as with all these machines it's probably just come to the end of it's life as we've had it about 9 years as well.

We're debating whether to pay for someone to come out and have a look charge us a fortune and get nowhere or just opt for a cheap machine that will last about 5 years and then replace it after that time if it goes wrong - in the long run i am sure that it's more cost effective buying cheap ones and replacing after 5 years.

I too have had my Bosch for 9 1/2 years and have the same problem of the prewash light coming on all the time and the main wash not completing. I guess I can't complain because it has been used most days during that time. Interesting to see others have had the same problem, not worth the cost of calling out someone, have ordered a cheaper machine to replace, agree get a cheap one and replace sooner.

Sponsored Links
What cheap ones last 5 years?????
2 years if your lucky and don't use it very often.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back