Repeated Air Locks in Radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

We had two Radiators replaced upstairs in the summer( one with the position in the room changing hence new pipework ) the other just outside that room just replaced. Since firing up the heating for the winter I have noticed repeated air locks in two other radiators on the same floor at the far end of the house. I have repeatedly bled them and air comes out and the radiators get hot but after a day or so they go back to having airlocks in them.

I would appreciate any help. We have a Worcester Combination boiler.

Thanks

Topcat :(

Sponsored Links
Are you sure it's air? Have you put corrosion inhibitor in when the radiators were replaced? If not it's probably corrosion gases. Get some corrosion inhibitor in.

Hi

Thanks for your reply. Yes i think it is air (but I'm not an expert). You can feel the air blowing out for about 2 mins and theres no smell to it. No Corrosion Inhibitor was put in though. One of the radiators that has the problem is only a year old. Would Corrosion Gases have built up ? And do they build up so fast repeatedley? If it continues after the inhibitor - Is it possible that theres a small leak in the new pipework ? Does air get in that way or would water just come out ? Or would it be the boiler that might be letting air in ? It's a worcester Combination 9.24. (regurlarly serviced).

I appreciate your help.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back