switchmaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When we moved into our house the va1 valve was lying on the airing cupboard floor,we had this replaced with an ma1 valve.we have hw or hw/ch option on clock.hot water was noisy when it heated up around pump.some radiators downstairs are cold.variety of people looked at this and finally were told that the pump was upside down .this has quietened gushing noise and hw gets hot faster it pulls water through the valve now via the vent back to boiler I think, is this the right way round?or should it be as originally pulling through vent towards valve
Radiators seem to take in turn which one is going to be cold downstairs

Sponsored Links
I've read your post three times, and I can't understand enough of it to work out what your question is.

Please could you read the instructions at the top of the Plumbing forum, and post here all the information that is asks for.

The pump to the boiler should up the radiator back to the vent and into the first one. If clock heats up then it's in backwards. Move radiators down to upstairs and maybe they won't take turns.

Sponsored Links
ChrisR said:
The pump to the boiler should up the radiator back to the vent and into the first one. If clock heats up then it's in backwards. Move radiators down to upstairs and maybe they won't take turns.

Exactly say what I was going to.

ChrisR said:
Thanks for that Chris - there's a lot of urine on the floor here now...

You bugger, Chris....I tried to make sense of your reply........on the premise that you usually give a sensible reply :oops: :LOL: One day I`ll catch you all out with a sensible reply of my own

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back