Ceiling rose & pendant to tracker and spots

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I\\\'m trying to replace a ceiling rose and pendant with a tracker & spots, however the new fitting only has space for L, N and E, whilst the ceiling rose is a loop-in thingy (i.e. wires for switch, from mains and to next ceiling rose). Does anyone know how I can wire this into the new light, or if there is any kind of junction box (or is it a conduit box?) to convert the 10 or so wires I have into 3?

Any help would be much appreciated. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
why not do it the easy way.

leave the ceiling rose there, change the flex to a 3 core flex and wire that into the track light .

Leaving the rose in place is undesirable/impractical if the new light unit is designed to be fitted directly to the ceiling; the housing may not be large enough to accomodate the rose. If this is the case, I would suggest putting a standard junction box (as used for old-fashioned non-loop-in lighting systems) in the roof void to accomodate the 3 or 4 cables from the existing circuit and running a heat resistant 3 core flex from the junction box to the light.

Hi All,

I have the opposite problem. The existing cable has a standard pendant with a single L,N,E cable, while the fitting I am trying to install has 4 sets of L,N,E wires (One for each of the four bulbs). I don't have the slightest idea how to go about this. I have heard some talk about junction boxes. Is this the sort of thing I need?

Please help. :confused:

Sponsored Links
assumming you are fitting 4 x 230 v lamps then they should all be wired paralell.

ie all lives together all neutrals together all earths together

easiest way is to loop from one light fiting to the next, joining the wires at each light

ladi said:
Hi All,

I have the opposite problem. The existing cable has a standard pendant with a single L,N,E cable, while the fitting I am trying to install has 4 sets of L,N,E wires (One for each of the four bulbs). I don't have the slightest idea how to go about this. I have heard some talk about junction boxes. Is this the sort of thing I need?

Please help. :confused:

You mean you have 1 fitting with four lamps?

Then terminate all wires of the same colour into a terminal block of suitable capacity ie browns to one way of the block, blues to another, and g/y to a third.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back