Flashing active light on Bosch washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The active light flashes on my Bosch WFL 2260 washing machine when any wash programme is selected. This occurs after water has entered the soap compartment, usually after a few minutes.

Re-setting the programme normally allows the wash to proceed but sometimes more than one re-setting is needed.

I have followed the troubleshooting advice for this problem in my manual, but to no avail.

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
It could be that the drain is blocked - my bosch washing machine was forever doing the same so in the end I had to take it apart and clean out the drain hose.

Thanks very much for that advice, jelly. Lovely to have a reply! I've already had a previous altercation with the drain hose but I'll think I'll have another one.

OK,

The flashing active light had been bugging me for some time. After metering out all my hot and cold feeds, I ended up replacing the cold inlet valve as it was slightly down, in an attempt to remedy the problem. It did not resolve the issue, so that was £40 down the drain.

The machine stopped spinning one day, a classic symptom of needing new brushes.

Replaced the brushes (which is very simple by the way, took me 20 mins start to finish), and the active light is no-longer flashing and stopping the machine from finishing its cycle. JOB DONE!

The best thing about my solution, is that even if it doesn't work for you, the worst thing it will cost you is about £10 for new brushes and 1/2 and hour of your time.

Hope this helps anyone out there with a similar problem. Get your brushes off eBay, cheapest by far. If you need help in carrying out the job, drop me a line - its easy really.

Cheers,

C_J:cool:

Sponsored Links
C_J,

Thanks very much for that feedback. Just one thing, I've got a new machine. It's about 3 months old.

Re. the Bosch, it eventually developed a spinning 'issue' (massive road digging noise!), and off to the shops I went.

Interesting about the brushes. Completely new to me.

Stand by for questions about Smeg. Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back