Ceiling light fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Tried to look if this had been covered, but couldnt find my particular 'case'.
I have 2 black & 2 red wires coming from the ceiling. The light fitting has one blue, 1 brown, & and 2 earths. The instructions state the 2 reds to go to the brown, the 2 blacks to the blue. Having done this, after replacing the fuse the light automatically comes on. The light switch has no effect. The only way to turn this light off is to take out the fuse.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Robdel456 said:
Tried to look if this had been covered, but couldnt find my particular 'case'.
I have 2 black & 2 red wires coming from the ceiling. The light fitting has one blue, 1 brown, & and 2 earths. The instructions state the 2 reds to go to the brown, the 2 blacks to the blue. Having done this, after replacing the fuse the light automatically comes on. The light switch has no effect. The only way to turn this light off is to take out the fuse.
Any ideas?
Thanks

see for reference (only you dont have an extra feed to another light, hence 2 cables)

I should qualify the following by saying I have very little clue what I am doing.

If your rose is like mine:

Try the 2 reds to the middle

One black to the blue

One black to the brown (should have a red sleeve if it doesn't it won't matter if you try the blacks either way around)

(sounds like one of the cables is the power coming in, one is the switch, by placing the reds to the brown you are supplying the light with a permanent source of power)

Thanks lads

As im a first time visitor here, the 'see for reference' ?..Could you let me know where this is, ive searched without success lol
I shall try your suggestion anyway Steve
Will let you know!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sorry! Found the 'for reference section' as soon as i had posted that reply!

Apologies

No luck im afraid.
Tried the 2 reds together, one black to blue, one black to brown. Also swapped the blacks over, but no success.
Like yourself Steve im a novice lol
Any other suggestions would be welcome!

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back