Replacing light switches

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Despite being a virtual novice I decided to replace our plastic light switches with metal ones - 2 standard, four dimmers. The first one worked, then the one in the hall blew up after I fitted it! Some of the switches have 2 wires, some three, all red in colour. Now the kitchen lights & the living room don\\\'t work but every thing else does. I\\\'ve put back a plastic switch where the metal one exploded! I\\\'m confused, someone help! :oops:

Sponsored Links
how may sugars do i have in my tea?

if you can answer that i can answer your question.

more information needed please

Sponsored Links
Don't take the **** _ I really need help :oops:

Una said:

So you've been 5 days without lights because you blew them up by attempting something that was beyond your ability to accomplish, and you still haven't called an electrician in?

You do need help.

Una said:

funny, the origonal post was by "clarkie" so who are you? and all i asked for was more information

:mad: I'm Clarkie's other half and I could marmalise him!!!! We've now had a professional sparks in to fix the problem (as well as the lights).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back