Replacement Shower Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to replace the small shower I have in my ensuite. I will be changing the lot, shower tray, shower, door, tiling etc. It is currently in a recess so no cubicle required, just the front door.

1) If I remove all the tiles, can I just tile onto plaster walls or do I need to put some kind of waterproof layer in between?
2) I currently have a cheap acrylic raised shower tray. Can I change that for a nice stone or resin one, and if so, can they be raised in the same was so I can use the same waste system?
3) We have a very poor combi boiler. I have had to turn the cold water inlet into the boiler down so that it can heat the water properly. If I open it up fully, it can\\\'t heat properly. In this scenario, is a water pump for the shower pointless?

Many thanks for any advice you can offer.

Sponsored Links
) We have a very poor combi boiler. I have had to turn the cold water inlet into the boiler down so that it can heat the water properly. If I open it up fully, it can\\\'t heat properly. In this scenario, is a water pump for the shower pointless?

you cant pump off a combi :eek:

I just tile straight on to the old tiles or the plaster.
Put the new tray on to a piece of 3/4inch marine ply and bed it in with a weak mix of cement, say 2 or 3 to one ;)

Please see forum rule 17

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back