boiler over flow valve prob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Over xmas i was bleeding my radiators. One of the bleed bolts was corroded and it broke. Water spurted. Panic. The usual. I called a plumber to fix it. Since then the boiler has never retained it's pressure. We have to filll it manually after each heating cycle. The water itself is expelled into the yard through the over valve. Please help.

Sponsored Links
See Boiler Pressure Problems in the FAQ section. That pipe is the pressure relief pipe.

HI JPC

Sorry ..it's an over flow valve that is either connected to the radiators or the boiler...im not sure...when it empties after each heating cycle itseems to fills a regular sized bucket.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Cheers Chris...

Went to the definations and FAQ as suggested. So the PRV is part of the boiler right? I think I've noticed a little leakage in the boiler cupboard as well, is it an expensive piece of kit. Sorry for the idiot question, but you are dealing with an idiot when it comes to thes matters...

Thanks for taking time to reply

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back