broken cast iron collar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
being an idiot while i was removing my old toilet to fit my new one i broke the cast iron collar that comes out of the wall....can i get a connector that fits to my wc and that will go inside my cast iron pipe or will i have to reoplace the t junction on the outside stack...thank you

Sponsored Links
p1076802_l.jpg
;)

If you know anyone with a 9" angle grinder, you could cut the CI pipe near to the wall. You can get an extension piece, cut to size then then pan connector suggested by Kev.

dont think the connector shown will be any good as i dont have enough pipe coming out of the wall for the connector to fit over that is why i was wondering if i can get one that fits inside cheers

Sponsored Links
one shown fits inside pipe. Black rubber baffles seal to inside of pipe.

kev what is the name for the first connector that you showed me and am i right in thinking that the black rubber seal goes around the join of the cast iron pipe and the new extension pipe ...sorry for being thick ....

multiquick pan connector is the first

extension the second

the first goes onto the pan the second goes inside the pipe and is cut to lengh to suit ;)

The Mcalpine Wc-Con2 Wc Connector Straight 260mm does in one go. It has a loo socket but the bit that goes into the soil pipe is long - one less joint to worry about. Con2 fits 110mm pipe, con2B fits 90mm pipe.
It's adjustable by sliding the seal along it but you have to make sure the seal goes fully into the soil pipe.

You should cut the CI socket off if you can - it may get in the way and you can't see if the connector is in the pipe properly. About 1/2 hour with a hacksaw.

kevplumb said:
multiquick pan connector is the first

extension the second

the first goes onto the pan the second goes inside the pipe and is cut to lengh to suit ;)
Aint no Multiquick...those are cheap imitations with a smaller range of sizes :LOL: Do`nt go all generic on us.....Olskool plumski. :LOL: what a moniker ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back