samgano time clocks

lor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
has anyone successfully replaced a battery in one of these.it needs soldering ?

Sponsored Links
lor said:
has anyone successfully replaced a battery in one of these.it needs soldering ?

i think the batteries are just to keep the time/date etc in memory if the power fails. obviously, if its soldered in its not designed to be replaced. why do you need to replace it? (lots of power cuts?)

I HAVE THROWN AWAY 3 OF THESE CLOCK THIS WEEK AT £80 EACH BCOS AS THE BATTERY goes FLAT THE CLOCK LOOSES TIME.THIS IS FROM THE MANUF WHO SAY ALL IT NEEDS IS A BATTERY.

I think that you are missing something.

If you are talking about the semi industrial three or four pin plug in clocks then the on board batteries on the red faced quartz model are only intended to provide a sustaining power for a short delay of a few hours, not days or weeks.

I do hope that your clocks are not wired backwards or having the supply cut regularly.

They have a limited life of only a few years, say six max. After that the batteries can easily be replaced as a very simple task for anyone capable of soldering electronics components. Its an industry standard NiCad cell but a Li-Ion replacement is probably a better component to use.

Tony

Sponsored Links
FOund this:
"My Q550 timeswitch is losing time. Why?"

"The Q550 timeswitch utilizes a battery and the timing is dependant on the battery voltage. Therefore after approx 8-10 years in operation the timing varies as the battery voltages decreases. Replacing the battery would resolve the problem. For spare batteries please contact either of the following spares agents:- Heating Control Services Contact: Eric Messenger Tel no: 01922 634503 BJH Electrical Contact: Mr Martin Tel no: 01277 227116"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back