Combi boiler slowly losing pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

The water pressure in my combi boiler slowly drops. I normally fill it up to around 1 bar and it takes around a month for the pressure to drop down to near zero - which makes for a cold house when I get back from work.

I've just checked all the radiators and I can't find any obvious leaks. All valves are dry and I've felt around all the pipes. I've also checked the overflow pipe and that feels dry but I guess it would do if the leak is tiny enough - I've seen how much water is needed for a 1 bar rise and it's about a mug full!!.

Any ideas what might be causing it? I assume that it isn't a leaky pipe in the walls as I can't see any damp and I would think the pressure would drop more rapidly in that case.

Thanks for any help.

Dave.

Sponsored Links
may be a leak in the expansion tank or any where else in the actual boiler which is evaporating away as quickly as its leaking

Thanks for that. I'll see how long this refill lasts and then get British Gas out - well, that's what I pay them for.

I haven't tried bleeding the rads but all of them get hot right to the top so I assume that means they don't have air in them. The boiler did gurgle a little for a few seconds when I turned it on after filling.

This forum is great - loads of helpful people around.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back