ideal Classic LXFF boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can somebody help??
I have an ideal classic lxff boiler that started to make gurgling noises and sounded like water was rushing in and out, this could also be heard up in the tank (megaflow). The noises actually stopped when the boiler fired up.
Now the pressure gauge on the boiler has dropped to 0 and it won't even fire up any more!!

Is it completely knackered??

Sponsored Links
Cheers Kev
Managed to get the boiler to fire up - still gurgling though

Re pressurised the system twice - only goes to 1.5 bar then drops back down to 0

Any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
If it 'drops' back to 0 rather than falls back gradually over hours or days - you've got a mother of a leak somewhere! Any clue where it is, including down the wall outside from the Pressure Relief Valve.

Yes, it does 'drop' back to 0.

When you re pressurise the system at the hot water tank, water does leak out of the pipe outside, but stops when the gauge has dropped back down to 0

There are instruction on the tank to 're generate the internal airgap'
Should we do this? :confused:

ok... is there a way that I can determine which is the problem?

The boiler is making a deep vibrating sound, doesn't seem to want to 'fire up' again. Is this gonna be expensive?

Is this DIY or do I need an expert?

Ta

JOnty see the FAQ section - water coming out of pipe, boiler pressure problems.
Your boiler may well switch off if it has no water in it and overheats. It'll need resetting (pushbutton I expect).
This is NOT connected with the pressure in the unvented HW cyl.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back