hotpoint first edition 1000

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our m/c is about 5 years old and has started to leave brown gunge on some of the washing. It can be rubbed off as soon as it is removed from the m/c but if left to dry only washing will get rid of it. All the waste pipe seem clear but there is a brown sludge inside the door seal not a great amount of it though. Could it be a mechanical problem or would running a very hot cycle help to wash it out? Thought initially it was contamination from the dish washer of dirty water being fed into the waste pipe but the inside of it seems clear. Would appreciate any advice.

Sponsored Links
uncleted said:
Our m/c is about 5 years old and has started to leave brown gunge on some of the washing. It can be rubbed off as soon as it is removed from the m/c but if left to dry only washing will get rid of it. All the waste pipe seem clear but there is a brown sludge inside the door seal not a great amount of it though. Could it be a mechanical problem or would running a very hot cycle help to wash it out? Thought initially it was contamination from the dish washer of dirty water being fed into the waste pipe but the inside of it seems clear. Would appreciate any advice.

Did you ever find an answer to your question - I've got the same problem with my Hotpoint New Edition and am wondering what to do? Any suggestions would be gratefully received - thanks

A service wash would be the first thing to try that involves running the machine empty on a boil wash with a powder or tablet which is high in bleach content I believe aerial has a high content try this then try a normal wash and then take it from there

Sponsored Links
I was told same thing as above and that it was caused by over use of liquid soap now when any whites are washed then we use a powder

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back