wood fillers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
what sort off wood how big is the hole/gap are you painting or varnishing!!!!!!

am painting my wooden staircase, which includes the balustrade. I will need to fill it as there are gaps and cracks everywhere, especially where the spindle meets the stair case, what should I use? I have filled old doors before but maybe because of central heating etc the cracks reappear. Any idesa or products?

I have used Polyfilla Wood filler, and found it satisfactory. I do not think it is expensive. But most DIY Stores have own brand fillers which are cheaper

Sponsored Links
Or use decorators caulking, If your nifty with a mastic gun. Or the old way with putty, squeese it into cracks with a putty knife is great for round the spindles, I always have a knob of putty for jobs like these, just rub a bit over a crack (small cracks) it will find its own way into the crack. Fine surface polyfilla for blemish's.
woodfiller as sandwell says is good.
have fun :LOL:

Hi,
I am restoring a Victorian greenhouse and the wood is pretty rotten in places. Can you recommend an exterior wood filler that won't bankrupt me :?:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=

Oi! Hi-jacking a post from March! Have a look at Forum Rules, please, Ferdinand.

Mod. Rupert

(post now locked)

b and q sell a pretty good ronseal wood filler in a tube you put in a silicone type gun,used it recently and its easy to apply and rubs down well,available in different colours too

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back