Smallest possible oil-fired boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking for the smallest possible oil-fired boiler to heat a two-roomed annexe. Any suggestions, please? The only ones I can find in the web seem to be far too large for what I need.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
i would say wallstar, a fair percentage is taken up by it going through a hole in the wall. the latest ones are much longer than early ones, cos theyve added some extra baffles. you can get the 12/15 kw version
but id say wallstar to everything. brilliant boilers. :LOL:

the wm12/19 worcester danesmoor is prob slighly smaller...........
but..........the design of the casing to get access to the baffles is....pap..other words float in front of me... (its early folks im not in tourettes mode at moment :LOL: )
they are ok when new..but ive had major problems on older ones . violence has had to be used.

:rolleyes:

This is insanity. Why anyone, let alone a professional, should suggest using a 12kW boiler to heat a two room annex is beyond me. You would be far better off using electric heating for this type of load. It would be reasonable to use electric underfloor at that. A wet heating system needs far more maintenance than electric, and even the servicing costs will buy quite a bit of electricity. It's horses for courses, and in this case a 12kW oil boiler is a non-starter.

i only said 12kw cos its the fkkkn smallest one they do dipstik.
i couldnt give a t£ss what size he wants to heat.
he wanted oil.

all comments gratefully received. :LOL:

At least I didn't have to use expletives. I don't care that that's the smallest there is, as that's the case, it's still insane using it instead of using a more suitable alternative. But then some horses run with blinkers.

no. you didnt use expletives. which makes you a fupping saint. ;)

anyway we know the score. .....wallstars are brill. :cool:

Can you explain the benefit of your attitude, either to you or anybody else? I might try it out if it is a life improving approach.

Now, now girls. If it helps, I won't be using oil. I will use electric instead. These little oil boilers are horrendously expensive. And I wanted to use oil because te main house is oil fired, and there's a gert great oil tank next to the annexe. Anyway, I'm going electric.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back