single vs double pole sockets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm changing metal sockets to plastic ones today, and had bought two bulk packets of sockets. I've only just noticed that one packet is full of single pole sockets, and one is full of double pole sockets. What's the pole thing about? Scared.

Sponsored Links
single pole breaks the live. double pole breaks live and neutral. not usually important.

The Wholesaler said:
Never knew that!, well done, i've only been selling them for 6 years! i've always found that single pole and double pole baffle most qualified electricians! hmm?

This is a wind up, right? :eek:

Sponsored Links
Okay thanks - I'm thinking of getting double poles anyway, since my existing sockets are double and it's easier and safer for me to change them if old and new match up... did that make sense?

The Wholesaler said:
No it's all true, these sparks don't even know part p exists!!! they tether their horses up outside and roll in thru the swing door!

So no good sparkies in Durham then!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back