Bosch Worcester Junior Non Condesing, fitted for £800?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, in response to a problem i posted yesterday regarding my gfrinds crap boiler (glow worm compact 80t) the plumber has advised and also its probably best, to get it replaced instead of spending £200 for new parts which may or may not solve the problem.

Hes given us a price of £800 to fit a new Bosch Worcester Junior non condensing boiler, are these any good and is this a good price? We have no ideas to costs etc.

Although we'd rather have a good boiler and pay the extra rather than a rubbish one!

Cheers!

Foz.

Sponsored Links
I assume the £800 is just for fitting but INCLUDING the power flushing?

To ensure you are making the right decision, I would suggest trying to get someone a little more competent to repair the old one. See if you can find a boiler engineer rather than a plumber to fix it on a no-fix no-fee basis.

Your plumber is evidently a "parts changer" who changes them at your expense until he gets the right one! Thats not very useful for you. You need someone who can actually diagnose the problem.

Tony

If the £800 includes the boiler, it's a very good price if it includes all the things that need to be done including a system cleanse and flush, installation to Building Regs Part L1 standards and notification.

In practice it is very unlikely to include those things, particularly since a non-condensing boiler is proposed which might be contrary to building Regs. The end result of a shoddy installation could be more boiler problems in a year or two.

The most important thing is to find a competent and trustworthy installer - there must be one or two near you, although don't expect them to need to advertise! Go to "find an installer" (or whatever it's called) at the Corgi web site.

Thanks again for your replies. Hes changed the boiler and it did include flushing the system, im not really sure whats a powerflush but its done now.

He is a plumber and also a friend of my girlfriend, so even though he means well maybe hes not the best person for the job but its done now so fingers crossed =)

Im gonna post a new topic on my central heating, i need a complete new system! so i need some advice please on what questions to ask whoever installs it....unless someone on here wants the job =)

Sponsored Links
MM is he approved to self certify to part l of the building regs?

if so did he give you an excemption certificate, to allow the installation of a band D boiler?

and has he undertaken the notification to CORGI??

probably not, hey ho who gives a **** for the law, well done nice price and a cracking boiler :LOL: :LOL:

this is what LAWFULL fitters have to contend with joe bloggs putting in an illegal install

lets hope he made some mistakes that will warrent the manufacturer to come out and invalidate the guarantee

800 ? has to be a wind up :LOL:

Be aware of the design faults on the iJunior non-condensinbg - regularly check the following.

Leaks on flexible hose at union to PRV and expansion vessel.

Leaks on top pump union - normally within the first year.

I hope your plumber didn't connect onto a sludged system - big design fault with this boiler - if the flexible hose blocks the system wiill go bang as the PRV will not operate. - beats me how this was approved.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back