p.i.r override?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i want to wire a p.i.r light but with an overide switch. i have a feed[live neut and earth]and a switch line[ red black and earth] at the light position. any help wiring the light please???

Sponsored Links
If you look at this link, you can see I asked pretty much the same question a while ago. Hope this helps.

do i just put the live and the red to the switch in the L terminal in the light.......the neutral in the N terminal in the light.......and the black from the switch[marked with sleeving of course] in the SL terminal in the light....and the cpc's all together???? this particular light hasnt got the 'flick the switch quickly overide'!!!

If this is a flood, you should wire itfrom the ring with a switched spur.

If you are using the switch to override the passive, how are you going to isolate the light for maintenance?

Sponsored Links
by doin what you do when you maintain any other light turn the mcb off.

What wattage?

Is it on the lighting circuit?

I wouldn't put a flood on the lighting circuit - add up the total load on the circuit at the moment - you may be surprised how much it is, without adding the floodlight on...

its only a 150 watt. and its a ten amp circuit wired in 1.5 t and e

if im right its 1500 watts on 6 amps???? the downstairs circuit only has 4 60 watt pendants on it plus this flood

im still none the wiser??? the circuit will no way be overloaded?? is what i want to do possible????

It sounds at though it will be fine on the lighting circuit, is the light fitting able to accept two cables? If so:

lewislee said:
do i just put the live and the red to the switch in the L terminal in the light.......the neutral in the N terminal in the light.......and the black from the switch[marked with sleeving of course] in the SL terminal in the light....and the cpc's all together????
is correct.

lewislee, dont be so impatient. nobody who uses this site is paid for contributing to it. We all give advice voluntarily and when we feel like it. Some posts get replies within seconds, others take days to recieve a reply. And there is an EDIT button on your posts. USE IT instead of flooding the thread with corrections and pleas!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back