Worcester 9.24 Electronic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all- is the Worcester 9.24 Electronic combi boiler gravity fed or fully pumped?
Cheers!

Sponsored Links
I think it may be one of those I removed which was fully pumped AND gravity fed from the header tank at the top of the casing.

Th reason I'm asking is that I need a new programmer. Ours topped working and my cousin fitted a Switchmaster SM300, but that only operates the heating- we have no hot water- I considered the Switchmaster SM400 but can't run water and heating independently so am thinking about the Switchmaster SM805 which is for fully pumped systems- so will it work with a Worcester 9.24 Electronic. Sorry for being such a plank but I haven't got a clue about plumbing or heating systems.

Sponsored Links
You only need a timer for heating, your hot water runs on demand as long as it is switched on at the boiler....are you saying the initial problem is that you are not getting hot water?

Firstly thank you all for your advice so far. I'll tel you the full story of the problem we've had. It's a 15 year old Worcester 9.24 Electronic combi boiler with a fitted timer/programmer. There was no problem at all with the water, but even though the light was coming on to indicate that the timed central heating should be on, it wasn't. If I banged the front panel, it would come on- it switched itself off as normal at the end of timed period. My cousin is a plumber and he had a look at it and concluded that there was a fault with the timer so he wired from the boiler to a different timer- a Switchmaster SM300 and the heating works fine BUT since then we have no hot water. When we run the hot tap the boiler just isn't firing. My cousin thought maybe we needed a different programmer because the Switchmaster SM300 only has a switch for heating on/off/timed so I have been looking into getting a different model,hence all my questions about whether a SM400 or SM805 would work. But I've also been told that the water should still work irrespective of the timer switch- any help/advice greatly appreciated!

I HAVE JUST MOVED TO A NEW HOUSE AND DON'T HAVE INSTRUCTIONS FOR SWITCHMASTER 300 TIMER. CAN ANYONE HELP?

It is likely to be the diverter valve stuck. Boiler will fire for hot water but diverter won't move when heating demanded so won't operate microswitches to fire boiler.

You need a suitably qualified person to check the live signal from the controls is geting to the boiler, then to remove microswitch hloder from DV depress both switches, boiler will fire, this is just to establish the fault. Then go out and geta DV and fit it. £77 plus vat from memory.

Reasonably good boiler, worth a DV.

karacan said:
I HAVE JUST MOVED TO A NEW HOUSE AND DON'T HAVE INSTRUCTIONS FOR SWITCHMASTER 300 TIMER. CAN ANYONE HELP?

what is so difficult to understand?

Your caps lock key appears to be stuck BTW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back