painting a marble fireplace

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I want to paint a marble fireplace..any advice?

Sponsored Links
I have to paint it or get rid of it....she who must be obeyed hates the colour....it's out of my hands :confused:

Buy S.W.M.B.O. a pair of opaque sunglasses, tell her its a full solar eclipse and the marble fireplace is a lovely shade of beige, meanwhile send it to me and I'll send you one back you can paint !!!

Sponsored Links
Fireplace Paint, Transform your new or existing fireplace into an elegant stone feature using Fireplace Stone Coating.

Fireplace Stone Coating is a water-based paint specially formulated for application onto fire surrounds. Made from real ground stone to give you a truly authentic and quality stone finish.

Apply onto wood & wood finished surrounds, MDF, plaster, brickwork, existing stone, concrete, tiles, marble and most new or old fireplaces.

Click on http://www.charlesproducts.co.uk/fireplaces.htm

And while you're about it why don't you hardboard over your frame and panel doors (making sure that you've planed down the bolection mouldings flat first) and take uop that horrible old parquet floor in the hall?....... ;)

Mossy, I feel your pain! I moved into a house built in 1995 with a nasty, dated 'marble' fireplace with a pine mantel. the stone looks like a big slice out of a can of beige Pedigree Chum and I couldn't wait to paint over it and the mantel. Now because the stone itself isn't really close to the flame (gas) I sanded the stone with an 80 grit sandpaper in order to key the surface and give the paint something to grab onto and cleaned it well with acetone. I painted it with an ordinary soft sheen emulsion that I had used on the walls in the rest of the room. several coats were needed, with a couple hours drying time in between. I painted the mantel using a high gloss paint in a deep colour and We used the fireplace several times over the winter and the paint is still perfectly fine. Best bit? I don't want to vomit every time I sit on the sofa. Good luck!

Hi there, in my opinion if you want to strip a painted marble on a fireplace you have to use the Texan product because it is designed specifically for ceramic tile so I search on a net about ceramic tile I got one ceramic tile company which better than the other ceramic tile companies I call them and purchase Texan product for my ceramic tile when I use it you really don’t believe the sound of crackling in my tile didn’t come by using of Texan product so from my point of view I prefer the Texan product so If you were interested visit the website which is given below. http://www.ciciliotandson.com/

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back