bathroom fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have just bought a bathroom fan (timer) could you please tell me how to wire it up and do i need a fcu, i am connecting it to a 5 amp lighting curcuit, if so what size fuse is needed in the fcu

Sponsored Links
This is not much help, I know, but I am surprised there was no connection information with the fan. Was it incredibly cheap? That and no instructions smells of a non-compliant import.

yes there was instructions and they say i need a fcu with a 3 amp fuse but i read somewhere else that i don't need an fcu when wiring into a 5 amp lighting curcuit, can you help please

My approach is to put as many service switches and fuses as there are powered devices (ie fan) That way, when you inevitably have to work on it, you do not have to switch off the whole circuit. It costs a tiny bit more for the extra future convenience.

Sponsored Links
If in any doubt about bathroom electrics, get a qualified professional electrician, as the bathroom is classed as a high risk area under BS7671:2001 wiring regulations, with its high electrocution risks. :!:

Just follow the instructions.

Hi MB u here as well! -

Listen to him - he knows about pockets
;)

At least he's stopped banging on about NICEIC :cool:

Ossie65 - it's a good idea to also use a 3-pole isolation switch on the fan.

Or 2-pole if it doesn't have any sort of overrun feature.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back