kitchen tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The cover on the handle of our hot water kitchen mixer tap has come off, it never fitted properly since the plumber installed it. I see that a few of the \\\"teeth\\\" inside this cover are missing...would I be able to replace just this cover, or would I have to replace the entire tap?

Sponsored Links
You can get universal replacement tap handles, but you'd probably struggle to get a match and so would need to replace the cold one as well. Is it a washer type or ceramic? Reason I'm asking is because if it's ceramic (and therefore more or less maintenance free), then could you not glue the handle to the tap mechanism?

It is a washer type, chrome mixer tap. Underneath the cover is a screw. If I were to glue the cover on (with super glue?) would I be able to remove if needed at a later date?

Hang on a minute here..... are we saying the plastic cap has fallen off the handle? I thought you where talking about the brass splined hole on the underside of the tap handle.
If it's just the cap :rolleyes: then just apply a few very small drops of glue around the edges. You might actually be better using a small amount of silicone to hold it in place.
If you go down the glue route, make sure you apply it by dipping a screwdriver into it and dabbing a small dot here and there around the rim.

Sponsored Links
Thank you very much for your kind and prompt advice and suggestions, I will use the silicone to attach the cover. Thanks again. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back