Ferroli Modena 80E Hot Water prob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi peeps,

I have the above appliance which is driving me mad! When I put the shower on, the hot water comes on, then the boiler flame light cuts out after the water gets hot, the water goes cold and then the boiler fires back up, so it is continuously Hot/Cold water, this applies for all taps in the house, I've had an engineer around 3 times now to no avail, any ideas?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
BTW a Central Heating sensor was recently replaced, due to the Central Heating not getting very hot and then it switched itself off all of the time, this side of the system is fine now though.

boiler is not getting enough air for combustion/flue fault/venturi needs replacing/min gas pressure incorrectly set. :rolleyes:it is advisable to change the sensors in pairs on these boilers only a few pound each

sorry for my stupidity, as I do not know a great deal about these things, but I was told by the engineer that changing the air pressure switch may have some effect, is that right?

Sponsored Links
highly unlikely the aps is faulty as the heating works ok,get a competant person to check the boiler as this is a common fault on modenas and will take less than 10mins to diagnose

is changing the Thermistors a job I can do myself? Or is it best left to the prefessionals?

Hi all,

Problem has returned, over the Summer the hot water was fine, started using the CH and that seems OK, but the Hot Water problem has returned with a vengeance argh!

The ignition light comes on with the Hot Water light, then the ignition goes off and then back on again, any ideas?

Swap the connections over on the thermistors to see if the problem remains on the hot water or not. Don't leave it that way though.

sorry to bump this thread, but I'm having a problem now with the CH, the light comes on, then goes off, the same as the hot water. Sometimes now the boiler will not fire when the Central Heating is timed to start, I'm awaiting a visit from some local gas man, would it be worth me investing in a PCB for the boiler? I've got a feeling the HW sensor needs to be replaced.

Thanks for your comments.

P.S. Anyone know a decent Gas man in the SE London area? Last one I rang never bothered to show.

blocked / damaged venturis, blocked fans, air pressure switches, sensors, pcb(s) and electrodes are all common problems on this boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back