vokera mynute 20e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone help my vokera 20e ignites and after 5 min cuts off i have changed the thermister and the overheat stat but still no joy can anyone help

Sponsored Links
You will need to explain exactly what you mean by "cuts off" in semi engineering terms before I would have any chance of guessing whats wrong with it.

Tony

the boiler fires up for about 5 min then the flames goes out then when it cools down it does not fire up again.if you reset it it fires up but then dies down again .

Sponsored Links
its a reset switch,also when i turn on the boiler the radiators upstairs are hot but the ones downstairs are luke warm then the boiler cuts out but will not fire back up on its own when the upstairs rads have cooled down ,is this because the boiler has some kind of saftey device that want let it fire up on its own could it be the pump that is at fault.

I have a 14e and my sister has a 20e. Both have the exact same problem and after an expensive visit from the gas board who told me what the symtoms of the problem was and that my board 'was on its way out' I had a look through these forums. Another user replaced the NTC thermistor which solved this problem. My problem is finding one or a part number for one and how to replace it. I believe it costs about £10 and is much cheaper fix that the £85 pcb board the engineer suggested I replace.

martydos said:
its a reset switch,also when i turn on the boiler the radiators upstairs are hot but the ones downstairs are luke warm then the boiler cuts out but will not fire back up on its own when the upstairs rads have cooled down ,is this because the boiler has some kind of saftey device that want let it fire up on its own could it be the pump that is at fault.

sound like the pump my friend , does the boiler kettle up then go to lockout ?? first place i'd start if the thermister has been cheanged

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back